1. IntroductionK-pop Factory CO., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "KPF") is the service provider of the TUNEGEM app (hereinafter referred to as "App") and deals with the app user's personal information based on the consent of the app user (hereinafter referred to as "User"). KPF takes great care to protect the privacy of the User to protect the privacy of users, the company established and complies with the following basic principles :
- We will inform you of the personal information that will be collected and will seek your consent to collect, process, use, or disclose your personal information.
- The company collects the user's personal information to the minimum extent necessary for processing the user's personal information.
- We will only collect information that is necessary to carry out the identified purposes of use.
- We will use or disclose your personal information only for those purposes and abide by the related laws for which it has been collected, except with your consent, or as required or permitted by the applicable laws, and we will retain your information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- We will endeavor to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
- We will make our policies and practices for the handling of your personal information as transparent as is reasonably possible.
- You will have access to your personal information and will be able to correct your personal information as appropriate following your rights under the applicable laws.
- The company is committed to protecting the personal information of children under the age of 14 and therefore do not currently allow children under the age of 14 to utilize the application.
3. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal InformationThe company uses personal information to manage membership, provide and improve services, and develop new services. Personal information is collected to the minimum extent required to provide these services when the user signs up for the service and during the use of the Services, through individual applications, programs, etc
- Member identification, confirmation of the user’s will to sign up, user identity and age verification, prevention of improper usage
- Notification of activities, user search & sign-up
- Developing new services, providing diverse services, resolving inquiries or complaints, and delivering notices
- Sending contents, etc for paid services, or shipping fees/ payment
- The prevention and sanction of any act that interrupts normal service operation of the service
- Recommending customized contents based on demographic features, users' interests, and tastes along with utilizing the foregoing information as a marketing method
- Statistics based on service usage record, frequency of visits and services used; development of service environment to protect privacy; development of customized services; service improvement
- Information required when utilizing Google Analytics to establish marketing strategies
- User's videos and voices for technical development of Artificial Intelligence
- For the operation of the audition service, the audition applicant's personal information recorded in the app is delivered to each entertainment companies.
4. Collection and Use of Personal Information<The personal information you provide to the app>
To provide app services to users, the company processes some or all of the following information:
- Profile gender, nickname, email, password, date of birth, profile image
- User-generated content and engagement We process the content you create on this platform, which includes the preferences you set (such as language selection), videos you upload and your comments (“User Content”). If you apply an effect to your User Content, we may collect a version of your User Content that does not include the effect. Images and audio that are part of User Content, such as identification of objects and landscapes included in User Content, the presence and location of faces and bodies in the images, their characteristics and properties, the nature of audio, and words spoken in your User Content. We may collect information and use the information collected in this way for special image effects, content deliberation, demographic classification, and other non-personally identifiable information processing. Furthermore, we may access content, including images and videos, contained in your device's gallery with your consent. For example, if you decide to initiate content sharing with a third-party platform or embed content from a gallery into the app, we will access information stored in your gallery to implement your decision. We collect information through auditions in which you participate. In addition, we collect information related to your use of the Platform, i.e. how you engage with the Platform, how you interact with the content we present you, the videos you watch, issue or problem you face, the content you like (applause), and the interactions you have with users you follow and users you mutually follow. In addition, in order to provide you with customized content, we infer the vocal information (level, position, FMSO, etc.) of the person in the video you upload. We process information about your followers and the 'likes' and reactions you receive for uploaded content in order to promote your content to other users and to explore whether your profile offers additional collaboration opportunities. Where appropriate, we use the foregoing information to inform you of new services and opportunities.
- Information relating to the use of paid-services and payment
- payment via credit card : Card number (partial), card company name, etc.
- payment via mobile phone number : Mobile phone number, payment approval number, etc.
- payment via a gift certificate : Gift certificate number, nickname, etc.
- To process refunds bank name, account number, account holder's name, email
- Information within correspondence you send to us All information the user provides directly through the app (including Idol preference survey information, Inquires)
- Survey Information such as gender, age, likeness, and preferences share through surveys, participation in challenges, sweepstakes, or contests.
When a user uses the company's app service, the company automatically collects some information. The company can collect information about your usage and activities through app services. When users use the company's app services, information such as your operating system, cookies, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access time, browser type and language, and websites you visit before using the company's app services can be automatically recorded. The information that the Company collects automatically include the following:
- Device information the company collects device-specific information (hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information). The company can link the user's device identifiers to the user's app account.
- Log information When users use app services, the company automatically collects specific information and stores it on the server. The information the Company collects includes:
Internet Protocol (IP) address uniquely identifying a user's device or app account, device event information, such as unexpected shutdown, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, language, company website visits along with app service usage date and time, mobile apps and/or computer software.
5. Provision of disclosure of Personal Information to third partyKPF does not provide personal information to any third party without your consent or unless demanded by the applicable laws. When providing or sharing a user's personal information, users will be informed of the third party provided with the information in advance, the third party's business, the purpose of providing or sharing the personal information. Users will be notified of this disclosure of their personal information by e-mail or in writing. However, in the following cases, it is possible to provide personal information without the user's consent following the provisions of the relevant statutes.
- Where the user agrees - Where there is a request from the investigative agency according to the provisions of the Act and subordinate statutes or following the procedures and methods prescribed in the Act and subordinate statutes for investigative purposes;
- Where a user or his/her legal representative is unable to express or obtain prior consent due to unknown address, etc., and the risk of imminent danger to the life or safety of the user or a third party is identified;
- Where necessary for the settlement of charges according to the provision of information and communication services;
- If there are special provisions in other laws
- When a user applies for an audition;
- For the operation of the service, the company delivers some of the personal information mentioned in ‘The personal information you provide to the app’ and ‘Information collected automatically by the company’ clauses to the entertainment companies affiliated with the company.
- For applicants who passed the audition, each entertainment companies collect additional information necessary for the next audition.
6. Destruction and retention period of Personal InformationThe user's personal information is to be destroyed immediately once the purpose of the collection and use of personal information is fulfilled. The procedure and method of destruction are as follows : Personal information stored in electronic file formats is to be deleted using technical means which makes the information unrecoverable. Personal information printed on paper records, printed matters, and documents is to be destroyed through shredding or incineration. However, any information that is destroyed after being stored for a certain period under the internal policies is as follows:
- The following information is destroyed after being kept for a maximum of 1 year from the date of the user's withdrawal from the Service.
- Encrypted account and email address for correspondence to CS inquiries and sending withdrawal notifications
- Improper usage records
- Records required to prevent the duplicate provision of service benefits
- The processing and retention period of personal information is as follows.
- The sign-up information The company separately stores or deletes the personal information of its members who have not used the Services for one year or longer following the expiration system of personal information. The stored information will be destroyed without delay after being kept for 4 years.
- Audition application information Until the audition result is decided for the purpose of reviewing the applicant's application details.
- Unless you request the deletion of your Account, in principle, we will retain most of your Personal Data. Once your account is deleted, we will process your Personal Data properly according to applicable laws and our internal rules after retaining such Personal Data for a given period for the following purposes:
- to comply with the applicable laws
- to reply to inquiries
- to resolve dispute
- to detect and deter fraudulent use of, or abuse of, our Services
- Besides, personal information that must be kept for a certain period according to the law and the relevant statutes is as shown in the table below.
- Records on withdrawal of contracts or subscriptions, etc. : 5 years (Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
- Records on payment and supply of goods, etc. : 5 years (Act on consumer protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
- Records on consumer complaints or dispute handling : 3 years (Act on consumer protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
- Records on the collection, processing, use, etc. of credit information : 3 years (Credit Information Use and Protection Act)
- Records on marking/advertising : 6 months (Act on consumer protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
- Login record : 3 months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
7. Technical and management measures for personal informationThe company works hard to protect our users' precious personal information. The protection of our users' personal information is our utmost priority. To protect users' valuable personal information, we at TUNEGEM are making the following efforts.
- Users' personal information is encrypted. Users' personal information is transmitted through encrypted communication channels, and important information, including passwords, is encrypted when stored.
- Personal information is protected from hacking attempts and computer viruses. Systems are installed in areas restricted from external factors to prevent users' personal information from being leaked or damaged by hacking or computer viruses. A 24-hour monitoring system has been installed to detect and block any hacking attempts, and vaccine programs are being used to protect the system from the latest malware and viruses.
- Valuable personal information is handled by minimum personnel and KPF employees receive regular training on personal information protection. We minimize people who handle personal information, give passwords to database systems that store personal information, and update them regularly. We always emphasize compliance with the company's information policies and privacy policies through frequent training.
- Operation of a dedicated personal information protection organization We are making efforts to correct problems immediately by checking the implementation of personal information processing policies and compliance of the persons in charge through the company's dedicated organization for personal information protection. However, we are not responsible for any problems caused by personal information such as ID and password being leaked due to user's carelessness or internet problems.
8. Laws regarding ChildrenThe company attempts to protect children under the age of 14. We have decided to restrict the use of the service to protect the personal information of children under the age of 14. Until the legal representative certification process system is technically established in the app, children under the age of 14 cannot create profiles and upload their cover videos to the app. If you suspect that the company has or collects personal information about children under this standard age, please contact the company's report center(firstname.lastname@example.org).
9. Privacy Protection OfficerChief Officer: Minseok Kim(Chief Privacy Officer/DPO)
- Post: 3F, ICL Building, 816, Nonhyeon-Ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- email: email@example.com
Please make inquiries to the following organizations if you need to report or need a consult with regards to the violation of personal information.
- KISA Report Center for Personal Information Breach (https://privacy.kisa.or.kr / Toll-free 118)
- Cyber Crime Investigation, Supreme Prosecutors' Office (firstname.lastname@example.org / Toll-free 1301)
- Cyber Terror Response Center, National Police Agency (https://cyberbureau.police.go.kr / Toll-free 182)
- Notification Date:
- Enforcement Date: